Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

We had a sweet and slightly chilly Halloween. The boys and I started the day by carving a pumpkin that we picked ourselves at Harmony Valley Farm in Viroqua, WI. We roasted the seeds with olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder. A nice change from the mountains of candy loaded with artificial colors and flavors. It occurred to me today that one could probably make a fortune developing/selling all-natural, almost-good-for-you Halloween candy. I can't be the only mom concerned about these kinds of things. One of my neighbors was passing out granola bars tonight. Now if I could just come up with a recipe for my own that don't contain soy/canola/peanuts, etc.

So, aside from Halloween preparations, I have been taking care of sick kids, working on business cards/hang tags, and doing my best to sew as many bags as humanly possible for No Coast. I seem to working in phases. The current phase is Japanese prints - mostly from Kokka. Their fabrics are so nice and the colors are delicious! I'll get some photos up as I finish them. For now, here are some pics of the mayhem in my sewing room.

Bags littered everywhere.


This is the tip of the fabric iceberg.

No comments: