Tuesday, March 3, 2009



GC is frowning because I've dressed her in blue. The other photo captures Paul on the rebound from illness.

Baby girl is 4 weeks old today. While I'm wickedly tired, I'm also sad that the newborn phase is quickly fleeting. Isn't it funny how the firstborn seems like an infant FOREVER, but subsequent children grow so rapidly it makes your head spin?

My wonderful homebirth midwives came over today to do the well baby check. "GC" weighed in at an amazing 12 pounds 1.6 ounces. That's my girl! It's no wonder my back and shoulders are a little sore.

My boys have been quite sick during the last few days. Alex had strep (caught it from me), days of high fever and then some nasty cough thing. Paul had a radically high fever and some projectile vomiting. Great weekend. Well, it wasn't all bad. I managed to get two patterns traced. Amy Butler's Lounge Pants from In Stitches for me and a kimono outfit by Tina Givens for GC. I'm so excited for both projects and will post photos when finished. Seriously, I've been waiting my WHOLE LIFE to sew clothes for my daughter, just like my mother did for me and her mother did for her.

In other news, I took the plunge and purchased a postal scale today. The last time I sold something on Etsy, I ended up standing in line at the post office for 20 minutes with a 3 yr old and a 2 week old in tow waiting to ship the package. I promised myself, never again! It's so liberating. Yes, it's the little things in life that give me joy...

2 comments:

Knittymama said...

Love the pics, glad you guys are on the mend.

Is it weird I'm jealous of your scale?

Hannah Eye said...

That is the cutest pic of Paul ever!!